Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day

Memorial Day weekend I had some good fun. Saturday I was window shopping and passed a bookstore that was having a book signing by Gail Carson Levine! For those of you who are culturally lacking, she is the author of a number of great books, the most famous of which is Ella Enchanted. Anyway I really like her so that was a great surprise, she did a little interview for about 45 minutes before and answered a bunch of questions. It was lots of fun. On Monday some friends and I went into the city for dinner. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square, it was a really neat experience. The last picture is of the Empire State Building with red, white, and blue lights for the holiday (the building is decorated with colored lights for like every holiday, especially the obscure ones).




2 comments:

Chantelle said...

ELLA ENCHANTED! HARD ROCK CAFE!

That's it, your day went better than my week. lol

-bellechantelle

Sarah or someone like her said...

Heather! Nice blog. I just refound it. I'm jealous about Gail Carson Levine, you know. Have you read Fairest? I love that one. I went to Hard Rock in NY once (OK, it was like 12 years ago, but I was there!) I miss you!