Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fourth of July

So the Fourth of July was my next to last day in the City. I went with my friends Kayla and Rachel. we spent part of the morning trying to find where a concert we heard about would be playing. We walked from Grand Central up to Times Square, then to the Rockefeller Center, and then all the way down to about 10th street and FDR drive, that is a lot of walking. We never did find the concert but we had fun seeing the city. We found a place on FDR to watch the fireworks (the city blocked off the road for the evening) and started to wait. It ended up raining off and on, then pouring but at that point we were already soaked so a little more didn't matter. Despite the rain there were tons of people-duh, NY! The display was frankly not the best I've ever seen,- though they did have some cool shapes, but the point was the experience, which I've now had. It was lots of fun just being with my friends.


Me and Rach



Three of the launch barges
Smiley Faces
Cubes


No comments: